07 February 2008

The Clear Light of Day


Those used to be buildings in the background. I lived in a couple of them years and years ago. And my niece lived in one until Tuesday night, when everything changed. An F-4 tornado changes a lot.

It's still all over the news, and W. was down to pay his belated condolences. They still haven't found my niece's car, and I have no idea how that's going to mess up insurance claims. If they don't have a car carcass, how long before it's legally dead?

The more I see, the more amazed I am that a densely populated compound could take a direct hit from a major tornado and not have any fatalities. As of this morning, all 51 kids taken to the hospital had been released but 2. Those two were still in critical condition and expected to recover.

I'm saying a special prayer that they do.

More

No comments: