31 July 2009

Angel of Morning


We had some old film developed, and this picture was in there. I tried to crop it at first, but the resolution isn’t good enough. Then, when I looked at it again, I realized that it was perfect in spite of, and because of, its imperfection.

The bed is messy, there's a cat moving, and my fingers got in the way of the lens. But all of those bad elements emphasize the light that hits just where it should.

It captures an imperfect human in an imperfect moment in an imperfect way. It's a picture of simple reality. The beauty we sometimes miss even though it's right in front of us to be be appreciated.

He is beautiful, inside and out.

My angel.

Morning.

Noon.

Night.

We strive for perfection spiritually, and we fall short. But we're at least half way there.

No comments: